If you follow my blog, you know that I created a list of 30 things to do by the time I made 30. You can read about here, 30 by 30, or see it below 👇🏾, with the things I’ve completed crossed off.
- Spend 30 Minutes talking to a stranger.
- Get a bikini wax. I know, I know! The thought just makes me cringe though.
- Visit a new city in Texas
- Experience a sensory deprivation chamber.
- Spend $30 on lunch for someone
- Do a Boudoir photo shoot. Gotta let this inner Goddess out!
- Spend an entire weekend alone. I have no idea how this one will happen.
- Go sky diving
- Get another tattoo/ piercing. I have one tattoo that I got when I was 18.
- Eat a meal I’ve never had before. Like that time I ate Guinea pig in Peru.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Learn to gamble. I know absolutely nothing about gambling. I’d rather lose my money to buying shoes.
- Go camping. As a kid I always wanted to do this.
- Skinny dipping, YOLO!
- Learn to twerk. I’ve given it some half ass attempts, but I need to use my whole ass and commit
- Write and record a song. I can’t sing or rap, so this will be interesting.
- Start a garden. I’ll have to figure out how to do so on my apartment patio.
- Become a mentor. Everybody needs one or a few
- Write a letter to my 40- year old self. I’m sure 40 -year old Sarah will laugh and say “Girl you are crazy”.
- Go on a Baecation. That requires a bae, so I’ll work on that part.
- Purchase something expensive.
- Take more pictures. I am rarely in pictures, if you don’t count selfies, but I just don’t take pictures. I need to capture more moments in my life.
- Do something freaky. I’m not even sure what that means, and it’s up for interpretation. But when I do it, I’m sure I’ll say “that was some freaky sh*t”.
- Meditate 30 consecutive days. I can go about 10 days, then fall off the wagon.
- Write an E-Book. I have no idea what it will be about, but I’ll get it done.
- Read 5 new books. I read my fair share of children’s books, I need to enrich my own mind as well.
- Visit each one of my friends. We all live in different cities, and I think it would be nice to visit them in their element.
- Start my 40 things to do before 40 list. That list will be much more intricate, as I’ll have more time to compose it.
- Learn other languages. I won’t just pick one, as I am heavily into linguistics.
- Go to a hoedown.
Now some items were partially completed, like item 26. I read two books, and purchased more.
Some items where replaced by similar experiences. For example, I didn’t do item 4, but I did cryotherapy.
A few items were scheduled, but the weather simply did not permit.
Nonetheless, having made this list somehow made me more conscious of wanting to experience new things.
I was listening to an old speech by Jim Rohn, and he stated that one of the best things about having a list is checking things off, and being able to say ” I did that”. He was absolutely correct!
Having a written list of goals and desires helps propel you into completing and accomplishing them, which to me, goes back to the Law of Attraction. I’ve found that you shouldn’t worry too much about how the things will happen.
Never shy away from living life. I’m still working on honing in on my manifestation skills, but things always work out as they should.
Live life on purpose, don’t settle for the should’ve, could’ve, would’ve. Unapologetically live your life, after all it is YOURS.
Creating that list sparked something within me. I began deliberately going after the things I wanted to experience as opposed to wishing I’d experience them. We were designed to live life abundantly, and we should conduct ourselves accordingly.
What are some things you desire to experience? What’s keeping you from experiencing them?