On March 5th, 2018, I’ll be 30. YIKES!!!
There are lots of stigmas associated with turning 30. According to society, by 30 you should have acquired a spouse and children, a career, a house, among other things. I can admit that I may have fallen into the trap of what this is how my life should be by 30, but I had to check myself. No ones life path is the same, and you should trust the timing of your life.
This post was inspired by Ro’Shunda over at Travel With The Russells. Hey Girl!
Her post, 30’s The New 20: I’m On Fire Still is a summation of 30 things she wants to do before her 30th birthday. Some of her items were really awesome, and got my wheels turning, so I created a list of my own.
So let’s hop right to it. Here are the 30 things I would like to have completed before my 30th. They are listed in no particular order.
Spend 30 Minutes talking to a stranger.
- Get a bikini wax. I know, I know! The thought just makes me cringe though.
- Visit a new city in Texas
- Experience a sensory deprivation chamber.
- Spend $30 on lunch for someone
- Do a Boudoir photo shoot. Gotta let this inner Goddess out!
- Spend an entire weekend alone. I have no idea how this one will happen.
- Go sky diving
- Get another tattoo/ piercing. I have one tattoo that I got when I was 18.
- Eat a meal I’ve never had before. Like that time I ate Guinea pig in Peru.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Learn to gamble. I know absolutely nothing about gambling. I’d rather lose my money to buying shoes.
- Go camping. As a kid I always wanted to do this.
- Skinny dipping, YOLO!
- Learn to twerk. I’ve given it some half ass attempts, but I need to use my whole ass and commit
- Write and record a song. I can’t sing or rap, so this will be interesting.
- Start a garden. I’ll have to figure out how to do so on my apartment patio.
- Become a mentor. Everybody needs one or a few
- Write a letter to my 40- year old self. I’m sure 40 -year old Sarah will laugh and say “Girl you are crazy”.
- Go on a Baecation. That requires a bae, so I’ll work on that part.
- Purchase something expensive.
Take more pictures. I am rarely in pictures, if you don’t count selfies, but I just don’t take pictures. I need to capture more moments in my life.
- Do something freaky. I’m not even sure what that means, and it’s up for interpretation. But when I do it, I’m sure I’ll say “that was some freaky sh*t”.
- Meditate 30 consecutive days. I can go about 10 days, then fall off the wagon.
- Write an E-Book. I have no idea what it will be about, but I’ll get it done.
- Read 5 new books. I read my fair share of children’s books, I need to enrich my own mind as well.
- Visit each one of my friends. We all live in different cities, and I think it would be nice to visit them in their element.
- Start my 40 things to do before 40 list. That list will be much more intricate, as I’ll have more time to compose it.
- Learn other languages. I won’t just pick one, as I am heavily into linguistics.
- Go to a hoedown.
It’s December 5th, and I’ve given myself 3 months to complete this list. I’m gonna try my best to document me checking things off my list. (See item 22).
What are some things you’d like to do before your next milestone birthday?